Monday, October 16, 2006

the home creatures she scared most ...


agnes scared of these two creatures most ... ...
- lizard -

I think, lizard is her very first living creature to know when she was around 1 year old. We can see 'them' on ceiling at home most of the time especially at night time. So, it is very easy to tell her what is lizard.

When she was 1 year old ++, we tried to help her to wean off sucking pacifier. It's quite difficult for her to wean off that 'soothing mouth exercise'. I even tried what other parents taught me, one of the method was to put some 'axe oil' (kind of 'spicy' oilment) on the pacifier and let her suck. We thought she will throw away the 'spicy' pacifier immediately and never want the pacifier anymore. But she still sucked her pacifier happily. Then, we thought maybe we put too little oilment on her pacifier till she doesn't realise it. So, I add 'more' oilment on the pacifier and let her try again.. :P hehe..But.. but she still suck her pacifier with smiling face and both of us just there. Sigh, so, we just let her continue with the habit until one day...

one day, her ah mah can't find her pacifier everywhere so ah mah created a story, told her that her pacifier has been carried away by a lizard! Since then, agnes never cried and insisted to get back her pacifier but she kept asking bappy to buy new pacifier for her... (of course we never wanted to bring her to buy a new one... :P, that time we made alot of excuses and were very careful not to go near baby section when shopping) This was a big surprise for me that time. I was glad that she will wean off her sucking habit soon that time. :) . Yea... thanks to lizard!

- spider -

She scared to be alone as she thought spider or lizard will come to her. I always comfort her that bappy will always protect her from 'them'. Nothing to be scared of even if a spider or lizard is just in front of her... just call 'bappy! bappy!'... or 'ah gong! ah gong' (grandpa).. or ah mah! ah mah! (grandma) :D. I didn't teach her to call me because... I scared of spider too. Shhh...

6 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger eVea said...

yucksss... i hate lizard too!!! i would jump or shiver if it touches me. and gosh... i bet nobody like its shit!! hahaa

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

where is my 'siew kiong' ?

 
At 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey i've got bunch of lizards in my house..wan?? even got super big ones like pian she loong!

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger little_mummy said...

evea, I'm same with you and I got such experience before.. aiyo.. till now I still remember the 'touches'...It touches my feet and.. and.. when I realise there is something on my feet.. I swing my feet hardly but it still 'stick' on my feet!! Yuckieee... !! ah!!! I got a friend who DARE to hold and touch lizard one!! aiyo...she is really a great suvivor! i hope my agnes dare too.. :P wuahaha!

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger little_mummy said...

mr goober.. aiyo.. my house oso have ar.. very scary.. got big size one.. maybe we all stay at corner house that next to bushes. and.. and.. i ever 'sees' big size of creatures in my house.. like spider... big one u see.. ! aiyo.. so far i think i see once in a year in living room.. :P

 
At 10:01 AM, Blogger MNG said...

Aiks!!! Creepy!

I'm terrified of insects and any other creatures that creeps and crawls...

*running away screaming8

p/s nice blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home