Thursday, September 28, 2006

my first snowskin mooncake

- snowskin mooncake -

I wanted to give my parent some snowskin mooncake this year. I think giving my parent the food that I made my own is more meaningful and most important reason is I like to bake for my loves one. :D

Last Sunday morning, I made 16 small sized snowskin mooncakes. This is my first try in my life. Wuahaha! Overall outcome are ugly snowskin mooncakes. :( But still edible lar...

I learned and found some problems in making the mooncakes. Yea, never try never know. I thought it will be easy like A B C if I study few mooncake recipes. But not, really different in reality lar.

- ugly snowskin mooncake -

The snowskin easily cracked! The snowskin is hardly shaped! When I get this blur stamp on my mooncakes, I feel dissapointed. Why? Why? Why? Why not like the snowskin on market one.. :~(

- green snowskin mooncake -

- the inti of the mooncake -

The mooncakes look thin and more like kueh. :P The inti of the mooncake seems acceptable for me. The 'tao sa' (bean paste) is evenly wrapped with the snowskin.

However, I still give 10 pieces of my ugly mooncakes to my parent side. :P I want to share my first try with them mah... especially my brothers. wuahahhaa!!

The taste of the mooncake is so so lar. Nothing special. It's 'tau sa' (bean paste) snowskin mooncakes. The skin smell nice. Really! :) I have cut off the sugar amount. I tasted some of it. But it is still very sweet to me!!! I think I better cut off MORE sugar next time.

Nevermind if your first try doesn't look like what you want as long as you never give up! Yes! I found my main problem of making nice snowskin mooncake - I was too slow in preparing the snowskin. That's why my snowskin dried and hardly shaped and that's why easily cracked. And there are many small mistakes I learnt too. Gotta study again and adjust the method which I comfortable with. Study a recipe is a kind of knowledge also. It's not like copy and paste and TADA! You get what the recipe owner gets. :P

That's my big gain from the first try. I learnt something at least. :D I plan to make some big size snowskin mooncake this coming Sunday again. I won't satisfied until I made a nice snowskin mooncake lar. Until next time ...

Bappy, gambade me! :)

4 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger eVea said...

bappy is the most 'xing4 fu2' husband in the world...

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger little_mummy said...

evea.. dunno he feel xing4 fu2 or not leh.. he is my NO.1 BIG guinea pig.. edible or not edible.. he also got to eat lar.. 'xin fu' hor.. wuahahhaa!!

 
At 1:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i wan eat... i wan eat... hehe...

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger Mystique said...

i cannot try leh :P

 

Post a Comment

<< Home