Monday, August 07, 2006

Two laptops went missing!

Today, I went back to my office as usual after lunch.

Endi was sitting on the office chair lazily and waved at me, signal me he got something to talk to me. So, I waved back and approached him with smiley face.

Endi: Are you the last one who left the office?

Me: When? *thought he is asking for a ride to the company house after office hour.

Endi: During lunch hour.

Me: Yes, I was the last one.

Endi: Did you lock the door?

Me: Yes, I locked the door.... I think I did. Just press the knob button and lock.

Joseph: Did you left the lights on?

Me: Yes, I left the 4 lights on in front. But I switched off the lights at the back of the office. Why?? Oh.. I suppose to switch off all the lights during lunch hour?

Joseph: no, no.

Me: okay. Any problem? I did switch off the aircond before I left. * I still thinking what else I could possibly miss out before I left the office for lunch.

Endi: my laptop is not here *pointing at his desk.

Me: *blink *blink Huh? Are you serious?

Endi: Yes, My laptop is gone.

Me: What?! what?! *look at his desk unbelievable

Me: Oh no! issit me who didn't lock the door? I didn't lock the door meh?! *voice raised...

Endi: cool down.. cool down...it's ok. It's not your fault.

Huh? it's okay? No.. not okay to me. Laptop is gone. Joseph asked me calm down and sit down too. worried I will shocked with the incident and fainted. Yien King approached us and still have no idea what we are talking about.

Yien King: What happened? It oredi passed and happened. Nevermind liaw. *She overheard our conversation halfly, thought just about door locking or lights on during lunch hour.

Me: But.. but... Endi's laptop is gone...

Yien King: what?!

Endi: my laptop is gone.

Yien King: You must be joking lar. You hide somewhere issit?

Endi: You go and see yourself.

Yien King flipped his laptop bag and the laptop is not there. Look around the desk. No laptop. No laptop. Yien King started nervous like me.

Yien King: Har? serious ar! Got someone broke into office and took away the laptop!? OH NO! Chris's laptop!

Yien King look at Chris's desk. The laptop is GONE too!

Yien King: Who is the first person who come back just now?

Joseph: Me..

Me: What time you come back?

Joseph: 1:10pm

Me: Is the door locked when you come back?

Joseph: yes.. what time you left the office?

Me: I'm not sure the exact time. But is after few minutes Liz and Pat left the office.* I continue think...

Me: I left just after Jessie. Jessie saw me walk to my car when she reversing her car.

Jessie nodded.

Jessie: Yes, yes. I saw you.

Me: What was the time you left, Jessie?

Jessie: about 12:35pm

Yien King: Okay. So it took between 12:40pm to 1:10pm...!

Then comes in the Finance Manager, Mr. Robert Lau to understand and find out what have actually happened. Two laptops gone in 30 minutes!! Luckily those functional team with laptops mostly outstation or on leave. Otherwise I think it will be a bigger lose for the company today. Chris came in and being told about the incident.

chris: the door is not locked just now?

beth: the door is locked. Monica locked it.

I paiseh. My beautiful name being spelled out among colleagues after the following 2 famous questions:

  1. Who is the last one to leave the office? answer: monica
  2. Who locked the door? answer: monica

I feel sorry for the incident. FYI, I'm not the one who always last to leave the office for lunch, just happen I have something to be settled before I go for lunch. Thank God I didn't bump into thieves just now. What if my colleague stay and lunch in the office? So dangerous!! Nowadays, thieves are fierce and might harm anyone who try to stop their business. Thinking to this, I start shivering! I hope the management will apply better security lock instead just a knob locking. *pray *pray.

Now, Chris goes to make a police report on missing laptops . Endi, I'm sorry for your lose and hope you will get a brand new laptop from the company. HEHE. Like what chinese say, old don't go, new won't come. Hm... I wonder if Endi can claim a new laptop from the company? What do you think?

2 Comments:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Mystique said...

I doubt that he could claim for it

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Pink Cotton said...

WAU!
'x'

so many happenings ya?LOL

moral of the story: leave earlier for lunch :p

 

Post a Comment

<< Home