Monday, July 31, 2006

Childhood M.I.Y snacks

Last Saturday, my fellow colleagues and I chatted about a very interesting topic - childhood snacks. I would like to jot down those MIY (Mix It Yourself) recipes that my colleagues ever tried and they like it very much when they were small.

1. + +
::Method:: Spread some butter on crackers. After that, sprinkle some sugar on top of the butter. Ready to serve.

2. + +
::Method:: Spread some butter on crackers. Then, sprinkle cocoa powder on top of the butter as much as you like. Ready to serve.
3. + +
::Method:: Spread some condensed milk on crackers. Then, Sprinkle some sugar on top of the condensed milk. Ready to serve.
4. + +
::Method:: Spread some condensed milk on crackers. Then, sprinkle cocoa powder on top of the condensed milk. Ready to serve.

5. only
::Method:: Just spoon it to your mouth! Yum Yum!
6. +

::Method:: Get few spoons of condensed milk into your mug. Add in milo powder as much as you like. Stir it. Ready to serve.

7.** +

::Method:: Dip the crackers into soy sauce and ready to serve.

Believe it or not. The recipes above are new to me. I never try those yet in my life. Realise that one of the recipe marked **. My fellow colleague says this one syiok! But I say I shocked at the way he eat the cracker. :P

Yea, I admit that I was not as creative as they are to make such wonderful snacks during childhood. How wonderful if you could mix your favourite ingredients and make yourself snacks when you are small?

Hm.. I definitely will get my Agnes to make one for me if she found her own MIY recipes one day.

8 Comments:

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Pink Cotton said...

wahlau!..all the snacks is either VERY VERY SWEET or VERY VERY SALTY
hahahaah

i never try those ler...erm i only ever put condensed milk on bread nya..kekeke

i hope mr pink cotton is not one of your colleague who gave u those ideas!HAHAHA...kia si lang

 
At 12:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i scroll up and down to double check the combination of ur recipe, hey mama, u have missed that great combination: condensed milk + butter... that's my favourite, when served with bread or cracker... i like option 6 too, when there's no bread or cracker. i'll take a spoonful of it, hold it lick it everywhere i go at home... it's like a MIY Lollipop! :)

 
At 2:30 PM, Blogger little_mummy said...

pink cotton,
oh.. he did... his idea shocked me. lol!!!

eve,
condensed milk + butter.. ee.. it's so milky and creamy!
*imagine a little gal with big pink specs holding a spoonful of her MIY lollipop around the house. Cutenya!

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! how could u remember that i wear Big PINK Specs... hhahaha... cute le!

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Mystique said...

... soya sauce?? O_o

 
At 3:48 PM, Blogger little_mummy said...

mystique,
u can try it. It is recommended by mr pink cotton. :D

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i know soya sauce + pineapple or soya sauce + jambu air. are good combination, but soya sauce + cracker?!

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger Pink Cotton said...

siao choice! 'x'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home