Monday, September 11, 2006

yummy banana cake

Yes! I baked my first banana cake in my life last Saturday morning. I find this recipe in internet but I modified some of the ingredient. The sweetness is depend on the bananas you use.

- baked banana cake -

- light and fluffy banana cake -

INGREDIENTS:
  1. 6oz butter/margarine
  2. 6 oz castor sugar/brown sugar
  3. 2 lage eggs
  4. 3 1/2 tbsp yoghurt
  5. 3 large banana, mashed - I modified this to 10 medium bananas
  6. 8 oz self raising flour, sifted
  7. If you are using plain flour, use 8 oz plain/cake flour with 1 tsp baking powder and 1 tsp bicarbonate soda

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius
  2. Cream butter & sugar till light and fluffy
  3. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well
  4. Add yoghurt and banana mix till well blend
  5. Fold in flour to mixture and pour into a greased baking pan6. Bake at 180C for 45min - 1hr or till skewer comes out clean

- ready to serve! -

agnes didn't join me during the making of banana cake as she busy playing with her little cousin - Eugene.

My first baked banana cake came out just nice. Thank God! :D It's a sweet cake so I took few bites only. It's not enough lar... but I got to control myself. I still can bake it in future mah right. haha! My family like to eat the cake too especially my greedy bappy.

I must bake one for my mummy side soon. It's not enough to share a cake for 2 families as I have 4 big eater brothers. They are my very best big guinea pigs. They eat watever I baked or prepare as long as it is edible. :D That's really a big encourangement to me to keep on baking and cooking. Don't worry to waste food if I made a terrible food. Yea, must treat them my lovely banana cake soon.

- a close up of my banana cake -

6 Comments:

At 10:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yummy yummy my favourite farting banana cake!

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Mystique said...

Watch on what banana's you use. Make sure it's not those that are really juicy... I think it's "pisang raja" ... those will make the banana cake really wet... (also depends on how many is used) what we want is soft and moist... not wet... yupyup :) can I have one too mummy? *grin*

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger little_mummy said...

i didnt use pisang raja this time.. will try it next time :) oh.. pisang raja juicy kar? i tot every pisang same same? to me, not too masak will not that juicy kua.. :D u wan one wat wor.. one piece or one whole cake? :P
have to make another one lor..coz it's 4% left at home..

 
At 11:52 AM, Blogger Mystique said...

no mar... can become tester oso... not only bappy become tester... why farting ar bappy... :P

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome...*slurp*

now did you use nuts inside them??

hahaha

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger little_mummy said...

sure mystique.. wan to volunteer to be my testers.. yea.. hopefully got some left in future if i made some again for u to test.. i got a big eater tester at home now ar...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home