Wednesday, November 29, 2006

my baked layer cake

My first baked layer cake

I don't know where I keep my 1st batch layer cake pics. Sayang. I remember that my mama tried my 1st batch layer cake. Her comment is 'Not nice! Not nice!' But the funny thing is.. she keep on eating one after one piece while commenting my failure cake. :D Funny hor.

As usual, bappy wanted to finish my terrible-tasted layer cake. :P. I feel uncomfortable and not willing to see him finish that horrible cake. I feel the cake is not edible lor. So end up, I throw the rest of the cake away before he finish them all and I promised to bake a better cake for him next time.

My second baked layer cake

The following pics were my 2nd time to bake layer cake. Still a failure but not 100% failure. It doesn't tasted 'kuih-ish' compare to my 1st time. Hahaha! I think I will bake my next layer cake after I get my new oven.

This time, the cake tasted better compare to my first batch one. End up I don't have enough cake to share with my mama side. Agnes and bappy like the cake. Glad to see them finishing my bakings that time.

- can u see the layers? -

- While bappy try to take the picture, I took the piece of cake in the middle of the picture. So.. the pic looks no focus. Haha! -


- my layer cake -

Hope I can bake a nice layer cake for them, both families, soon.

4 Comments:

At 11:57 AM, Blogger Mystique said...

Mummy, seems like the "fire" you use is not suitable and maybe the flour. If you prefer rough texture you can keep to this type of flour. If you want something finer, aim for "Hong Kong flour".

Also, it must not be too strong and you have to "flip" it frequently. Flip in this case means to turn the baking tin 180 degrees either clock-wise or counter clock wise. Up to you. This will ensure that the cake is baked evenly. (some how all oven's are a bit "cacat") as it won't have even heat throughout the entire oven.

Watch out the amount of butter you have against the temperature you use. That will cause it to have "bubbles" in the cake ;)

 
At 12:06 PM, Blogger little_mummy said...

mystique, how r u? yea.. the fire is not suitable. The flour i used is cake flour, it is fine flour like hong kong flour. The 'flip' thing u say .. yea.. i owes take out the baking tin and pour each layer.. so im sure i did rotate the baking tin. the cake seems like baked evenly. I tot the bubbles in the cake is cause by we fold and mix the flour into butter mixture too much and get the air into the batter? u baked a layer cake before? any baked layer cake recipe to share? hehe. What I try here is a normal layer cake.. using spice one..

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Mystique said...

testing to leave comment

 
At 11:07 AM, Blogger Mystique said...

the last comment i left doesn't seem to be inserted in here... *sigh*

if there are bubbles use a fork or satay stick... to poke it... it is best that for each layer you poke a few holes for your cake to "breathe"... before pouring in a new layer

yes... we baked layer cake before... i will need to find the recipe... we havent done any baking here... no oven and ingredients too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home