Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Little Junior Picasso colouring contest

There was a colouring contest held in tHe Spring, South Court on 16 August 2008. It was a Saturday. I knew this contest from newspaper, Borneo Post advertisement section just the day before the contest day.


The categories are:-
4-6 years old (11am - 12noon)
7-9 years old (1.30pm - 2.30pm)
9-12 years old(3.30pm - 4.30pm)




  1. Prizes: Cash Vouchers + Hampers
  2. Goodies bay for every participants!
  3. Colouring pencils provided.

Then, I was like.. "Hm... maybe I can let my Agnes to have fun in this contest.. " So, I decided to take leave from my company and be there to support her for her very first outside contest!

My main objective to get my Agnes participate this contest is not to get prizes from it (you know, is not easy to get prizes as she doesn't join any art class. No special skill in colouring or drawing knowledge mah.. ). I just hope she gains some experience and learn something from the event.

When we reach there, we saw few parents bring small table and chair to the event.

"wow! the kids must be a professional contestants"

They bring their own equipments like, pencil case, crayons, tissue paper, water colour.. eh! no joke! And we didn't bring anything. :P My Agnes is going to do the colouring on the floor (covered with rug, and it is not smooth enough!). "Oh poor her! " shouted silently in my heart. Then, Bappy quickly went to buy a thick drawing book so Agnes can do the colouring on the thick board and a sharpener. Funny hor..

Agnes asked me "Mummy, why they got tables and chairs?"

again she asked, "Mummy mummy, if I colour on the floor, will people laugh at me?"

I try to comfort her that there will be other participants going to colour on the floor with her also. Nothing to be shy or afraid of.





The colouring contest

















Agnes starts colouring!









She almost give up halfway when she colours her picture background. Maybe she gets tired and seeing other children passing up their colourings.




So, I went to sit next to her and support her. Hoping she can finish colour the whole picture.


Look at the picture, seems like only left us but not. :) There are some more kids still do the colouring at the front. Those kids next to Agnes already passed up their colouring.






Congratulations Agnes! You have finished your colourings at last for the event... do you see her smile?

It is not easy to colour the whole picture for Agnes. Can you see her hard work from her colouring? yah yah.. see her nice colouring..



After submitting her pictures, we wait for the result...






All the colouring artworks. Can you see agnes' art piece? Can you see those nice coloured pictures. Those are by 'professional contestant'. Can see the difference among the artwork?

The panel is judging the artwork...




Congratulations baby!!

Agnes got a consolation prize from her first contest! How Cute!!


She got new colour pencils, crayons, sharpener, ruler, scissors and eraser for her gift. We were so happy and surprised that day!

2 Comments:

At 5:28 PM, Blogger WAffair said...

Well done Agnes!*claps* Congratulations to lil mummy and bappy too! I feel so proud for both of you. =)

Jia you Agnes! I still remember..Agnes the Artist! :)

 
At 7:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agnes has talent! Congratulation!

This remind me when I am about her age. My dad brought me to a colouring contest, in a stadium, in JB. Same, liked that time many parents brought their kids little table and I didn't had anything. So my dad went to his car and took a piece of wooden board for me to put underneath the drawing paper... don't remember whether I win or not. But it was so sweet.~~
Can you imagine. :)

Cheers!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home