Tuesday, August 29, 2006

'two tigers'

Agnes had her lunch with her friends in school today. She usually take her lunch at home but today I have something on in office. Yea yea, something going on and I fetched her after lunch.

On the way home...

mummy: have your lunch with your friends just now?

agnes nodded her head with smile.

mummy: happy or not?

agnes: happy.

mummy: you full?

agnes: full ar. I'm full. Cannot eat anymore.

mummy: oh... what did you eat?

agnes: soup soup... fan fan (translate: rice), #$%#&%$ (I dunno wat she say) and 两只老虎 (translate: two tigers.)

HUH?! what ?! agnes eat two tigers?!! nah... hahaha!! actually I found out what 'two tigers' means few weeks ago... and I find it is funny...

for her, 'two tigers' is ... ...

- tofu -

Why tofu = two tigers? I think she confused between the two words, tofu and two tigers.

Tofu in mandarin, 'dou fu', and tigers in mandarin 'lau hu'. The 'fu' and 'hu' sounds similar to her. But why two tigers? This is because she sings a chinese children song called 'two tigers' 两只老虎. So, she only knows 两只老虎(two tigers) but not 老虎(tiger). She keep forgetting how to name this tofu and always give me the wrong name - 'two tigers'. Silly gal huh?

For those who don't know what tofu is. Let me briefly explain what is tofu to you. Tofu is made of soybean curd. It is cholesterol free and it is also high in healthy protein. Normally we fried them or cook them in soup.


2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Redsponge said...

2 tigers is cute cute!

 
At 10:15 PM, Blogger Mystique said...

I want the "Lau Fu" (combo tiger + tau hu!) hahahaha...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home